Oticon NoWax is an earwax protection system. The reason for this is because one of the most common causes of servicing and repairing hearing aids is due to earwax clogging the Oticon hearing aid. Hence, that is why Oticon hearing aids generally come with the Oticon NoWax, to reduce the number of earwax-related servicing and repairs, and to provide the user with hassle free performance.
Oticon NoWax is easy and safe to use, and is ideal for those with limited dexterity. A used filter can never be reused and reinserted as there is only one way to use the removal tool. In addition, for those with poor eyesight, there is an indicator to inform you of the new filter.
The Oticon NoWax is environmentally friendly and the whole system (filter, shell, and tool) can be thrown away with normal household waste.
To use the Oticon NoWax, you will need to follow the directions below:
1) Remove the tool from the shell.
2) The tool has two arms – one with a new wax filter, the other with a removal tool
3) Push the removal tool into the existing wax filter in the hearing aid to remove it
4) Push the new wax filter into the hearing aid
5) Throw the use tool into normal household waste.